January 21, 2006

Thank you all very much for you nice comments about the pictures. We are staying busy here. Long story short, RJ took some vacation days this week - Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It is nice having him home. Usually he works Friday nights and all day Saturday and I am alone with the kids. Yesterday he took down Mackenzie's really really old frumpy bed and rearranged her bedroom. Of course I had plenty to clean up from that. Between he and I we were able to toss a bunch of stuff that she will never know about. It is so refreshing to get a room organized. Still have a long way to go, but it is getting better. I really want to go out and buy her some girly stuff to decorate her room. I am going to try a couple of second-hand stores tomorrow. Dominic is 2 years and 4 months. He still sleeps in a crib. That is because he is a very good sleeper and other than being sick and up through the night, we have never had sleep issues with him. That is so opposite of his sister. Anyway, my sister K and my mom bought Dominic a toddler bed that looks like a kozy-koop car for his birthday. We got that put up today in his room. What a chore that was - especially with two kids "helping". He crawled in once it was all put together, but decided to nap in the crib. I am fine with that. I did not expect him to want to sleep in it right away. Wherever he will lay his head and go to sleep and stay that way for the night will suite me just fine. When Dominic laid down for a nap RJ went and laid down and I laid on the couch. Mackenzie sat and played and watched TV (I know that is probably bad) for 2 hours and let us sleep. Well, she did wake me up singing once, sat on the arm of the couch right above my head once and I did get up when she asked me to read the directions to a game and play with her. I am off to eat supper that RJ went to get from a new place in town. It is such a treat to not have to cook for one night. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I'm getting to redecorate a girly room.. and it's just so much fun!!

I hope everyone gets well soon - and you ALL get some sleep!!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just read your post today. While reading it I was thinking about my 7 mos. old and thinking he will sooner than I think be leaving his crib for a big boy bed. He is also a great sleeper. Boy it is good to get a good nights rest.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home