November 21, 2005

Not sure why I am so lax in this blog thing.

I try, I really do. I had great intentions when I first started. Life just gets too busy. I am going to try for another month to keep this up. It is shameful for me to have this site and have people come to check on me and see the same old thing every time. I am sorry.

We are hosting Thanksgiving for RJ's family. We do this every year. There will be around 30 of us. I always stress myself out about getting the house clean. Here it is a couple of days away and I am in no way prepared to have a house full of guests. Someone told me not the clean my carpets until everyone is gone, but I would be too embarassed. I have this thing about everything being cleared off the counters and spotless. I think I will be pulling a couple of all nighters. I love to have his family to our house and I am so very thankful to have them as part of my life. I have a lot to be thankful for this year. You, my blog friends, are right at the top of my list. Thank you for being you.

I have decided on Christmas gifts for my children and am going on Friday to get them before they disappear from all of the stores. I know Friday will be a crazy day to venture out, but I will take my chances. Dominic is getting a train table and train set. Mackenzie is getting a game table that has the interchangable tops (fuse ball, air hockey, etc). I am proud of myself for figuring these out. I usually do not buy big gifts, but a bunch of small stuff. Not this year. I have three other gifts a piece. For Dominic - a plush farm animal set with a book, a goodnight bunny book with a bunny, and a tonka truck seek and find book. For Mackenzie - a weaving set, a looney balloon and book set and a strawberry shortcake art set. I am going to get each an outfit or two and be done. Except for stocking stuffers. I am tired of them getting a bunch of stuff they use once and forget about. I am tired of having all of it piling up in my house. Plus they get stuff from all of the places we have to go. Crazy.

Last night about midnight, I was sleeping on the couch in the family room downstairs and I suddenly hear this freakish voice saying, "you are very special", from upstairs. Scared the crap out of me! It would say it once and nothing for a few minutes and say it again. Scared me every time. I remembered after the second time that Mackenzie had given her baby dolls a bath. I did not realize that one of them was one where you press its hand and it talks. I run up to the bathroom only to find the thing cannot be opened in the back to get to the battery case. There was no opening at all. I wrapped the doll up in a towel hoping that would drowned out the talking. Only somewhat. I could not go back to sleep because I just knew it would say something eventually. I did get up and stuffed the thing in the cupboard under more towels. Finally at 3 this morning I drifted off. No one else heard it but me.

Til next time,
Have a great week. Happy Thanksgiving if I do not post before. I love each and everyone of you!

1 Comments:

Blogger jomasmom said...

Hope you have a great Thankgiving!!
We are doing about the same thing this year. I have a spending limit per child and this year they will get more clothes than just a bunch of useless toys..
Lana

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home