December 29, 2005

Happy New Year

Well, Christmas is behind us once again. We had a wonderful weekend. Saturday morning RJ woke me up at 6:30 to give me my present from him and the kids. He does this every year and I get upset every year because I like to open mine with everyone else! He insisted though. Glad he did and I obliged. I got my very first digital camera. YEAH!!! We went to my moms at 2. We stuffed ourselves silly with great foods. We opened presents and had great conversations - mainly focusing on a trip to Hawaii that my grandmother has offered to all of her adult grandchildren. We are so excited. Of course we are going. We will be going in June. There will be about 20 of us. She has offered to pay for airfare and hotel stay. We are one our own once we arrive. That is fine with me. RJ says he can eat dirt for a week if he has too. I told him I would have enough money to eat and I would bring him left overs. Just kidding of course. We are so blessed. This is my step-grandmother. She has always treated us just like her own though. We arrived home at 8 and the kids went right to bed. Thank goodness.

Sunday there was much excitement and anticipation about Santa's gifts. He left them in the family room downstairs which worked out really well because the Christmas tree and gifts from us were upstairs. We went downstairs first and both kids were really enthralled in their new things. Dominic got an AquaDoodle, a couple of wooden puzzles, some semi-trucks, and Winter themed marshmallows. Mackenzie got a board game, a puzzle, jump rope and yo-yo and marshmallows. We then headed upstairs and I cooked breakfast. We ate and relaxed a bit then opened our gifts. The biggest hit for Dominic was his brand new Dusty The Talking Vaccum. He loves it!!! Mackenzie loves her art set and weaving kit.

We went to RJ's moms in the afternoon and just relaxed and visited. Oh, and ate some more. It is always nice there. So much conversation and the love of being with family. I did sneak out for a bit and went to visit my dad and his wife. My dad is an whole nother entry itself, but I will say that I am happy I can visit him. I cannot take my children there anymore because there is WAY too much cigarette smoke and my kids get sick before we even leave.

Mackenzie spent the night with grandma and her aunt and uncle and cousins that were here from North Carolina. Monday I had the great pleasure of spending the day in the pajamas with just my boy. He is such a fun little guy. We got to sit and play with a bunch of his new toys. He took a 3 hour nap and I put toys in their proper rooms and cleaned the house a bit. I managed to stay in my pajamas until 7 that night when I had to pick Mackenzie put. It was nice. Mackenzie got to spend the day with her aunt Sis and her cousins that were in town. She had a wonderful time and was just exhausted when we got home.

No plans for New Year's. Just staying indoors and off the roads. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

Pictures to follow when I figure out my new camera.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Kelly and Sandi. I am loving my new camera. I just have to read up this weekend on how to get the pics off of it. Much love to you both.

4:20 PM  
Blogger ViolinMama said...

HEHE!!! YEAH for the camera!!!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 'm finally getting back into the swing of things....

Love ya!!! Glad to read up on you!!
Becca

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Becca, glad to see you back!! Hope all is well.

8:13 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Would those be snowman peeps? I love those things!!!

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas.. and Faith loves those Aqua Doodles too.. I need to get her one.

Happy New Year!!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Shelly.
Holly, it is great to see that you stopped by! Acutally we did have snowmen peeps at my moms, but the ones I bought were Christmas trees and stars. Yummy.

3:30 PM  
Blogger jomasmom said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas. Congrats on your new camera. aren't they great? I have been driving everyone nuts with mine for the past month..LOL
And WOW a cruise!!! That sounds sooo wonderful!
Lana

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Lana. I love my camera, just haven't had much time to play with it. Not a cruise, but a trip to Hawaii. I would go either way. We are excited.

3:35 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Have you figured out the camera yet?


Any peep is a good peep!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home