November 25, 2005

Party's over

I hope everyone had a wonderful Turkey day. It was nice here. I baked cookies and a pumpkin dessert on Wednesday night. Thursday morning I baked the ham, turkey, rolls and appetizers. Everyone started showing up at 12:30 and we ended up with about 25. It was very nice. My children were the only little ones and got all of the attention really. Mackenzie had gotten a library book full of animal jokes so we spent a great part of the time listening to jokes. Fun. Everyone was on their way home by 5:30. Kind of makes me sad every year to see everyone leave, but I am sure they all want to get home and enjoy the rest of their holiday, as most had to work today.
My sister-in-law asked if I was going Christmas shopping today. I said I would love too because I really want to get the kids big gifts out of the way and they are both on sale today, however, I do not have a sitter. Later on she said that two of her children would be in town shopping this morning and would pick the kids up and take them back to her house. I thought that was really nice of her to offer considering that she could be out shopping instead. Then as they were leaving she said to just plan on them spending the night and picking them up on Saturday! YEAH!!! We get a date night!!! RJ unfortunatley had to work at 4 this morning. He is getting off work at noon. I really need him to go with me to get the kids gifts because I am sure they will be heavy. He wants to go see the movie RENT. But he is going to need a nap and then we can hit the town. We are going out to dinner. I am so excited and so thankful!
I think this weekend we will start putting up our Christmas tree and decorations. Wonder how well our two-year old will do with that.
Til next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home