December 07, 2005

Need bathtime help

A week ago this past Sunday I gave Dominic a bath and all was well. He played and had a great time like normal. A couple of days later (Tuesday I think), I put him in the tub. He has this plastic watering can that has a sticker on the side of it. The sticker is starting to peel and there were little pieces in the water. He started screaming that there were bugs in the water and got himself out of the tub. Poor thing. Well, since then he is refusing a bath. The tub is clean and there are absolutely no bugs (not that there ever were). I tried a bubble bath to no avail. I tried a bath in the sink. That was a no go. RJ tried getting in with him, I tried, Mackenzie tried, but nothing is working. Next stop is the shower.

Last night I was downstairs doing laundry and RJ and Mackenzie were upstairs with Dominic. He was in the bathroom alone playing in the soap dispenser. He had it everywhere on himself. He must have known he needed a bath. I had to put him in the tub to rinse him off and he just screamed the whole entire time. Anyone have any ideas?

5 Comments:

Blogger lightshines said...

I am now thinking - Foam soap, new bath toys, bath crayons for Christmas.

I am going to try the shower tonight.

11:09 AM  
Blogger M & J Franzen said...

There was a quick article in the Jan 06 Parents about bathtime troubles. I bet you can get it at parents.com

Love your blog!

6:58 PM  
Blogger lightshines said...

Thanks Cara.

Thanks Jess, glad you stopped by and like it. I will check out that article.

7:26 PM  
Blogger jomasmom said...

LOL.. I went through this with Jordan when she was little and had eczema. We had to put aveno in her bath water and she thought it was poop. She refused to take a bath forever. One thing that did help was the foam soap and those colerd fizz tablets. Also maybe some finger paint soap he can use to write on the tub walls(Sarah loves making a big mess with those!)
All else fails you may have to let him scream it out..
Good luck!
Lana

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Shelly and Lana. The latest is that he will get in with Mackenzie for a couple of minutes - just long enough to wash up. He will only wash his hair if you squirt it with a squirt bottle and he has to wear a swim diaper. That is going to be an expensive habit. But, at least, as of last night, he is clean.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home