August 31, 2005

Ok, finally, my time off

Let's just say, it has been long enough ago, that I have almost forgot what it feels like. Though, I do remember the details and we made some great family memories. I was nice to be away from reality.

Friday - I took the kids swimming at the Y. Dominic has become a real fish. He had no fear of the water. That night we went to Chuck E* Chees*. What a frinkin joke. Never, ever, ever go there on a Friday night. That is a personal reminder and you can take it as advice if you want. The kids had fun.

Saturday - We had a girls only day out. Mackenzie and I went and got her hair cut. It is the shortest she has ever had it. It is up to her shoulders and is adorable. Then we went shopping for school shoes and gym shoes and other last minute school supplies. Saturday night my BIL called to see if we were going to be home. He brought us a tent, two mattresses (really swimming rafts), a sleeing bag and sheet.

Sunday - Quite a few fun places in our community had free day. There were two museums, zoo and botanical center to pick from. We chose one of the museums. It was great. We had not been there is a long time and there are many things to see. Only thing is we picked a bad time. We did not plan well for nap time for Dominic and he got quite cranky 3/4 of the way through. That night we had a weenie roast (really made on the grill because we were under a burn ban but the kids didn't know the difference really). We made s'mores and played outside. I set up the tent and blew up the mattresses (with an air compressor). Mackenzie and I took games and cards out to the tent at 8:45 and played games until midnight. She finally fell asleep and my mattress deflated. Plus we have a creek that runs along our back yard and I was scared to death of animals. At 2:30 she had to go in to the bathroom and I tried my darndest to get her to stay inside, but no, "mom I want to finish camping". I loaded up two more blankets for myself and went back out. We both did sleep until 7 when RJ and Dominic came out to wake us up. We had such fun and I am sure we will do it again before the weather turns cooler.

Monday - Mackenzie and I went swimming at the Y. Otherwise we cleaned house and lounged.

Tuesday - Mackenzie had a friend over to play.

Wednesday - Mackenzie started 2nd grade. I cannot believe how grown up she is getting. She was very excited to be back in school.

We are adjusting to school/work schedules. She is attending the Y program after school until I get off work. She has already had an incident with a couple of other girls, but otherwise it is going well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home