August 31, 2005

Now for a current update.

Mackenzie is a bear to get to bed at night and then to get up again in the morning. We have had two near misses with the school bus and one total miss. She is a night owl just like her dad. My hours are being messed with at work. We are not allowed any overtime and have to cut hours where ever we can. OK, fine, I can cut in the mornings so that I can get Mackenzie on the bus (or to school if she misses the bus) but I also have to be there to get my work done. There are deadlines and people are not too forgiving if they do not have their reports. Plus, I have to use my benefit time or take no pay for the hours that I voluntarily give up to help the place out. Sucks. Sunday night RJ and I both started to not feel well. Monday morning I looked in his throat and his tonsils were so swollen. I demanded that he get to the doctor as soon as he could get off work. He did (not necessarily like him). He has strep throat. Nice. I have a sinus infection and Monday and part of Tuesday I had some sort of stomach illness. Bad stomach cramps. We are both starting to feel human again today. We have Dominic's second birthday party on Sunday this coming weekend. There will be lots of family to celebrate with us. I feel kind of funny because everyone keeps asking what he wants or needs. Well, first of all, at two that is a question for the parents because he does not "want" anything really. I cannot think of anything he needs. I would really like for people to just come and celebrate and not focus on gift giving. However, I also realize that everyone loves him and would not come without a gift. I am the same way. I would not go to something and not take a gift. What would you do? I am really torn up right now for anyone affected by Katrina. RJ has relatives down there and we do not really know much of their situation as of yet. I pray for them daily and everytime I see stuff on the news it tears at my heart. I am going to donate monetarily through my place of employment. I wish there were more I could do, but right now prayers and what little money I can give will have to do. If you are directly affected, please know you are in my prayers. Speaking of money - gas prices...I think it was totally weird to see prices over $3 a gallon this morning. I had to put $10 in my tank, because $10 is all I had and that will only get me to work tomorrow, not home. It is sick. Most people are going to have to start doing something different to get around. RJ and I may have to start carpooling on the days that we both work the day shift. This is really going to eat at our paychecks.
Tell next time - hug your little ones.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, gas in Illinois and gas in Iowa is about the same today. That is unusual. I did not check out Wal-Mart this morning. Did not have time. I will have to tonight though.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, forgot to add, thanks for being there with me the day Dominic was born. And the day Mackenzie was born. I hope you know how much you are appreciated and how much I love you.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home