August 11, 2005

RJ was home with the kids all week. Our sitter is on vacation and so he took the week off to be with the kids. To some this is no big deal. But the very fact that he offered to do it and took it all upon himself has made me very proud to be his wife. The week has gone well for them. He has done an excellent job. Although my house is a disaster. That is a minor thing. He managed to get Mackenzie to school everyday on time and picked up on time. He did all of the things that I would have done with them all day long. I am proud. Monday I came home to Dominic jumping up and down saying "mommy mommy mommy". Mackenzie was sitting behind the chair in the family room crying "I don't want you home yet. We were having fun". And it is not like they have staying home all week either. He has actually taken them grocery shopping, out for lunch, etc. Again, I am proud.

Summer school is over. Registration for the school year is complete. Shopping is done except for shoes. And I am stressed out. To the max. I took some time off work. I am now off until next Wednesday. School starts on Wednesday and neither one of the kids will have to go to the sitters until then. This will be good for me. I have a lot to do here at home, but we are going to get out of the house and do stuff. There are tons of things to do in our area that are free or low cost. We are going to take advantage of our Y membership and go swimming and I may even sneak in a workout or two. GASP. We are going to a John Deere place where the kids can get on the combines and tractors. I also would like to take the kids to the park and just veg. We are supposed to be cooling off and that would be perfect for me. I cannot be out in the heat long, as I get really bad migraines.

I am feeling at ease now that I know I do not have to work for a few days. One of my bosses is going to be having heart surgery and this is causing a lot of stress for my other boss. Which in turn puts more stress on me. It probably shouldn't but it does.

I am starting a self-improvement project. I am taking things one day at a time. I am trying to eat healthier and make better decisions regarding what I put in my mouth. It is day 4 and today was a good day. Yesterday was not as good, but that is ok. I am only looking at the day I am on and not trying to see things too far in the future.

Hope everyone is doing well.

2 Comments:

Blogger humble servant said...

It sounds like there is a lot going on. And what a man you've got there!

Great to read an update. Enjoy your extra long weekend. :)

Many Blessings.

7:20 AM  
Blogger lightshines said...

Holly and Michelle, thank you.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home